This is a repost of a recipe our friends at Pili Hunters recently published on their website. We are happy to repost this recipe from Marcus Farris here on The Blender, but the opinions expressed are those of Pili Hunters.
This blend fires on all cylinders to deliver a ton of nutrients to start your day or round out a midday workout. The blend from SmoothieBox adds fiber from zucchini and kale while the cacao magic blend from The Philosophie brings an array of adaptogens like reishi and maca powder.
I’ve added some extra frozen banana to the mix (there’s already some in the SmoothieBox blend) just because I really like the texture of frozen banana. There is over 25g of protein in this blend along with about 35g – 45g carbs, depending on how much banana you decide on. Add that to the fat from coconut milk and chia seeds and you’ve got a powerful meal in a glass. This recipe will easily make enough for two to enjoy.
- One packet of Cacao Super Smoothie Blend by SmoothieBox
- 1 heaping Tbs of Cacao Magic
- One packet of the collagen that comes with SmoothieBox blends
- Half a frozen banana
- Small handful plain Pili Hunters pili nuts (or a spoonful of Keto Classic Expedition Butter)
- 1/4c full fat coconut milk
- 1T chia seeds
- Unsweetened milk of choice; enough to fully cover all ingredients in the blender
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend, starting on low then shifting to high.
- You may need to add extra liquid; frozen bananas do a great job of adding body to your smoothie and typically require a bit of extra liquid to blend well.
- Enjoy! This recipe serves two.